Husband saying “You not my wife”
Q: My husband is using these word for a lot “You not my wife” and he also says “You want divorce?”. I don’t like him to say such words. Will I be divorced by him using such words?
A: These words don’t amount to divorce. However, it is not at all appropriate for the husband to use these types of words.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- A father of the husband while separated from his wife wrote a divorce letter which the husband signed and gave it to a third party.Some time later the husband decided to destroy the letter. Later on the husband and wife reunited. The wife had no knowledge of the letter and was informed of the letter only after she was reunited with her husband. Many years have passed by. Where does this marriage stand according to Quraan and Sunnah?
- Wife did not get any support (moral or relational) neither from her husband nor from husband’s family members. Wife is now pregnant (7 months) and is at her mothers home. Husband did not visit her any time during pregnancy. Wife has developed hatredness against her husband and his family members. Now she wants to take divorce (khula). What does shariyat Say?
- Wife leaves her husband a number of times,sometime without asking,has even went on Hajj with her brother she simply informed her husband and did not ask for any permission husband did not objected or rather remained silent for it was a matter of Hajj ,then there is the issue of three daughters involved. so its prudent not to separate , beside there are no other issues . Husband and wife and have now chosen not to interfere in each others work , both now earn separately and do not share with each other , is the husband still obliged for the upkeep [ nan-nafqa ] of her wife.? Q2- Is it true Imam Ghazali has said, in a similar situation [ wife leaving husband without asking permission ] husband is released from the burden of nan-nafqa?
- When wife and husband want to take divorce then who has to take the responsibility of their children,wife or husband?wife says i want my children and husband says i want my children.if the children are given to wife as per her wish,is it necessary for the husband to pay maintenance to the wife to take care of the children.what does islam say?plaese kindly reply.
- Assalamun Alaikum, Qibla Hazrath wala sahib, 1. Whether the nikah between a husband and wife is still valid if the wife or the husband OR any one have illegal physical relations out side ? 2. Is there any difference in validity of nikah between husband and wife doing this illegal relation ? ( i hear that if wife does this the nikah breakes, and if husband does this the nikah does not break) 3. If the nikah breakes, what is the remedy to continue their wedded life ?
- I have three wives and my third wife has one daughter of age 10 years from her first husband and she took Khula Eight year before from her first husband. Since that time her daughter is staying with my third wife, her husband did not see her daughter till date and he did not pay any money for her daughter. I married with my third wife in 2008 and by the grace of Allah I am paying all expenses for my third wife and her daughter. My questions are 1. First husband is liable to ask possession of his daughter at any time in life? 2. If he demand possession of his daughter then what to do in this regards? 3. What will be my status with regards to my wife’s daughter in terms of Mahram?