I am a beautician and I have been aware that it is haraam to shape the eyebrow. What I was not aware of is that one is not allowed to do it for someone else either. I firstly would like to know that if I am not allowed to do it (even though its business as I have many clients who do many other treatments) these clients will no longer come to me as they are not going to come to me for everything else and go do their eyebrows somewhere else they will now rather go to someone who does all. Secondly am I not allowed to do eyebrows at all or is it still permissible to do it for non muslim clients?

Q: I am a beautician and I have been aware that it is haraam to shape the eyebrow. What I was not aware of is that one is not allowed to do it for someone else either. I firstly would like to know that if I am not allowed to do it (even though its business as I have many clients who do many other treatments) these clients will no longer come to me as they are not going to come to me for everything else and go do their eyebrows somewhere else they will now rather go to someone who does all.

Secondly am I not allowed to do eyebrows at all or is it still permissible to do it for non muslim clients?

A: Shaping the eyebrows is impermissible whether one shapes his own eyebrows or the eyebrows of another person (whether Muslim or non-Muslim). The Hadith has cursed the one who shapes the eyebrows.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best

عن ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما  قال لعنت الواصلة والمستوصلة والنامصة والمتنمصة والواشمة والمستوشمة من غير داء. قال أبو داود وتفسير الواصلة التى تصل الشعر بشعر النساء والمستوصلة المعمول بها والنامصة التى تنقش الحاجب حتى ترقه والمتنمصة المعمول بها والواشمة التى تجعل الخيلان فى وجهها بكحل أو مداد والمستوشمة المعمول بها (ابو داود رقم 4172)