Women working in the government
Q: Is it halaal for women to work in the government or private department?
A: Refer to our article on mastooraat jamaat http://muftionline.co.za/node/1464 for a better understanding of the postion of women in Islam.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- Asalum u Alikum Waramtullah, That was very nice from hear you, I am pleased to receive the reply from you. My question was comprised form two section. 1. Working in humanitarian agencies like WFP, UNHCR, WHO in aim of working just in favor of the community in terms of dispatching the food commodity to the poor people or heading the vaccination program to the people or settling the refugees in the camp. Well the fund is always from the unbeliever?s countries like US, EUROPE. 2. The second part was about those international organizations working in Islamic countries in aim of to serve the humanitarian work or develop the communities to provide them the facilities or education programs. The international organizations are mainly from USA or from European countries. The Jobs found in above two different organizations or agencies can be the project managers or Administrations duties. These ALL UN agencies and international organizations are working in close coordination with government to stable the governance. So Am I allowed in working in US based international organization, working in the community?s development? The Job would be the making the projects for the communities favor in close coordination with the government and running the database. I hope Inshallah, I will receive the answer from you. Wasalam
- As you aware better the situation of Afghanistan Here in Afghanistan i am working with Afghan government as an Official. but our scholars says that working with current government is prohibited in Islam but some of the scholars says that no problem you can work with government please advice me that what is islam says about this. Thanks.
- I’m working in a government institution. I’ve to go out to different places for field work frequently, for which i’m entitled to get financial amounts in the form of TA/DA from the government. There is a fixed amount per day. Recently i went for a field work that was officially designated to be carried out in 15 days. But me and my boss had the full knowledge that the work requires not more than 4 or 5 days. And, as expected, i completed it in 5 days. Rest of the time i spent at my home. Now, because of some official formalities, i’ve to claim the TA/DA for the whole 15 days period (there is no provision to take only 2 or 3 days allowance). I would like to know whether it will be halal for me to take the allowance for the whole duration since it has been approved by my boss, or will it be haram since i was really not on government duty on the rest of days.
- Assalamalaikum, Today we observe that in the offices mostly in the Government offices, the employees do things other than the office work during their working hours, like they waste their time in discussions with the colleagues, talking on phone for many minutes, frequent visit to the nearby hotel etc. My questions is that: Is there any law according to the Islamic shariah that we have to do full justice to working hours that have been alloted to us and the pay we are getting. Thank You.
- Women working in the government or private sector
- Accepting gifts from people when working in a government department