Taking assistance from churches

Q: I have a disabled 5 year old son who needs to be watched 24/7. I cannot work and muslim organizations can’t help me. Can I go to a church for help as some non Muslims are more sympathetic towards disabled children?


A: We advise you not to go to the church for assistance, instead contact the Islamic Welfare organisations e.g. Jamiat, Darul Ihsan, etc and inform them of your plight.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)