Keeping the name “Subhan”
Q: Can you keep the name “subhan” for a baby boy?
A: You should not keep this name.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- 1. We have named a child Subhan Ahmed Keen, knowing Subhan is name of Allah Subhan wa tallah but since it does not come in the 99 names of Allah we thought it was ok to use it. Now we have read in Maaruf ul Quraan where Mufti Shafi says that except 4-5 names of Allah other names (he mentions Subhan cannot be used; on page 134 Vol4, Aayat 180 of Surat Al Aaraaf) cannot be used. Please guide us.
- Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi – Subhan Allahil-Azim
- Assalamu Alaikum, Dear Brother, My name is Naseer and I am working in Dubai. I am sending this question on behalf of my friend. My friend name is Shakeel Ahmed. He has blessed with 3 son as of now. The names of his first two sons are 1). Faizan Muhammed & 2). Muhammed Farhaan. His third son name is Muhammed Subhan and his age is 2 years. The question is that, is it okay to put name as Muhammed Subhan for any muslim child? Recently he was advised by some people to change this name. Because it is not good to naming for a muslim child as Muhammed Subhan. We would like to know the answer for this uestion from your end. PLease try to give the reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
- My name is Subhan Ahmad. I want to know that whether this name is allowed in Shariah? If not, then what should I do now?
- Remaining silent during Salaah for such a period where one can recite three “Subhan Allah”
- 1. When offering namaz behind an imam in jamat should any one recite the following in his heart a. Sana before the imam begins reciting surah Fatiha b. In ruku ? Subhan Rabbial-al azim c. In sajda ? Subhan Rabbial Alla d. If the namaz is of 4 rakats, then in the 3rd and 4th rakats surah fatiha e. In sitting position the recitation of At-Tashahud after the first two rakats and in the fourth rakat 2. What is the procedure for performing Forgetfulness Prostrations (Sujuud Sahw) 3. Is it mandatory to recite “RABBI IGHFIR LEE” in the sitting pause between the two prostration of every unit of the prayer.