Kissing one’s hand and waving
Q: Is it permissible to kiss one’s own hand and wave the kissed hand to a person far away?
A: This is not an Islamic way of greeting.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- It is mentioned that do not use your right hand during istinja. [Bahisti zewar] What does it mean ? Either do not hold your private parts with your right hand or do not hold stone with your right hand? Or do not use your right hand at all during istinja. We generally hold our private parts with left hand and stone with right hand. Are we correct?
- If one merely touched his mother in law with lust (my hand may have touched her hand or her hand may have touched mine and experienced an erection), does nikah with her daughter become haram?
- I have a question about what seems to be a contradiction, though I could very obviously be mistaken. This is in regards to passionate kissing while fasting. In the answer to the following post (My husband does not like kissing or other displays of physical affection. He is religious, though, and may listen to religious advice) answered by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari on the Sunnipath website, it is stated that: “Passionate kissing (or French kissing) is also the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace). Sayyida A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) would kiss her whilst he was fasting (m, refer to the fiqh of kissing during fast) and he would suck her tongue.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, no. 2378) “ But in the post entitled (French Kissing While fasting, answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani) on the same website, it says: “French-kissing would inevitably result in an exchange of saliva, and then that saliva being swallowed. As such, given the legal maxim that, “The inevitable is considered actual,” [Ibn Nujaym, al-Ashbah] the fast would be considered broken, and must be made up. [Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah]”?
- Dear Shk, AA, In a dream I am going with my family to a paticular place to see Hazrat Issa (ASW). I only went and met him. He came out from a room, hand shaked with me and later hugged me. I hold his right by my left and hand shaked again. My hand become bright. Please provide meaning of this dream.
- Kissing or placing one’s hand on one’s chest after shaking hands
- Waving off a debt and considering it to be zakaat