Is the reward of shaving the head for Hajj and Umrah only?
Q: Is the extra reward for halq over qasr restricted to Hajj and Umrah only or applicable all the time?
A: It is restricted to the one performing haj and umrah.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- I performed Umrah 4 times whenever I use to do Umrah I use to cut hair from four sides and then do another Umrah and at 4th Umrah I shaved all my head for other 3 Umrah I just cut my hair from four sides, and after one year I want for hajj and performed Hajj Tamattu at that time when I cut my hair the Maulana of our said that dam is wajib and you can slaughter the animal or you can give food to 6 people who are poor in the boundary of Makkah, so I gave food to 6 people in the boundary of Makkah. (1) I want to know what shall I do for the 4 Umrah I have done before. (2) Is salah after tawaf wajib?
- how many qurbani must b made after shaving head in hajj 1 or 2?
- (I) I plan to do more than one Umrah. I will be shaving off my head completely after the 1st umrah and in the 2nd umrah will not have any hair, still do I have to shave again completely. During heat or rush can I perform tawaf on 1st or 2nd floor masjid surround the Kabah instead of mataaf. Can I perform the 2 rakat of nafl for Ihram or 2 rakat of wajib tawaf on following timings? (a) After Fajr salah before sunrise. (b) Just before Zuhr. (c) After Asr and before Maghrib. Can I go to Masjid Ayesha in night, tie Ihram, offer nafl for Ihram, make intention come back and sleep in hotel room at Makkah and then do tawaf and Sai’ the next morning or do tawaf on same night and then sleep in hotel and perform Sai’ next morning. If I am at Ayesha Masjid and miss fardh salah at Haram Sharif, will I get same reward of offering fardh salah at Ayesha Masjid while going from India? Can I only wear Ihram and offer nafl before boarding plane and make intention of Umrah and talbiyah in the plane?
- I usually read your website and your Fatwas. I have one problem, please tell me the solution. I am currently staying at Abha (kingdom of Saudi Arabia), it is located 700 Km from Mecca. I shaved my head on Eid al-Azha (7/11/2011), last Wednesday (7/12/2011) I visited Mecca to perform umrah. I performed first umrah on Thursday at 4:00 am, then after performing my umrah I cut my hair 4 or 5 places around the head, (this day I met with one of the Jordanian, he suggest this idea and he performed in the same way. Then next umrah I performed on Friday 11 am, then I cut my hair 4 or 5 places around the head, (this day I thought to remove hair completely but I could not find time, my bus was waiting for me to leave Abha. When I discussed this issue with my friends they said “dam is wajib on you” so kindly do Qurbani for two animals in the Haram. Could you suggest the best way?
- I want to ask a question about Halaque ( shaving hair of head) is it necessary for a Man who is doing umrah? is it permissible for a man to shorten his hair after umrah. if a man shorten his hair not shaved, has he completed umrah or uncompleted or is there any kind of charity etc?
- I am living in Saudi Arabia. Can I perform more than one UMRAH in a same day when i go to umrah. and if i want to perform umrah for my grandfather who already passed it is valid. and also can i perform umrah for live people.if more than one umrah allowed than after each umrah i have to save my head.? please guide me.