Is purdah fard for women?
Q: Is purdah fard for women?
A: Purdah is compulsory for women.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- My father has fixed my marriage. I did istikhara and in 3-4 dreams I saw that he is interested in someone else or he has been married to someone else before. In one dream I saw that he has a 2 year old daughter. In most of the dreams I see that we are getting divorced. I would like to mention that I am doing Shariah purdah Alhamdulillah. But there is no purdah in the boy’s family. Earlier they had no problem with my doing purdah but a few days back there was some issue that the boy will not let me continue with my purdah after marriage. I would like to inform u that my mother died many years ago. My father remarried and there has been some problem in my family. So my father wants me to be settled as soon as possible. But after this purdah issue I am very much concerned, because I cannot leave purdah in any situation. My father has earlier made it clear to the boy’s family that I will continue with my purdah after the marriage. Please give the meaning of the dream. Shall we continue with this proposal?
- Permissibility of Wearing Cardigans / Coats for Women – Purdah Issue
- A woman went on hajj without being accompanied by a mahram. She had sons, but all of them were too busy with their lives to follow her so she went in a large, safe group of women. I know this is impermissible, but what is the ruling regarding the actual hajj – was her fard of hajj fulfilled? Or was it invalid, making it fard for her to repeat the hajj?
- Women and purdah
- Should old women make purdah?
- What is the proper method of observance of purdah? What must a woman wear in order to properly observe purdah? What must be covered? What can be uncovered?