Faskh due to not seeing one’s husband for two years and not receiving any support from him
Q: I have not seen my estranged husband since 2011, it is now 2013 and he does not support us since 2011 when I had fallen pregnant. I ask for fasakh is it correct or should it be khula?
A: Your complaint is valid. However, we suggest that you refer your case to an Islamic body or Jamiat of the area you are living in and ask them to view your case and assist you in your predicament.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- As-Salamu Alaikum Wbr, My sister married 2 months back. His Mother in law always scolding. each time they hurt each and every moment. My Sister husband does not support. 90% he is not support 10% support. 10 minutes or 1 days he/his mother talks/behave well after a minutes or day he/she shouted her. she keep calm. 2 days before problem goes like that she trying to suicide. any solution for this quran and hadith?
- I met a non-Muslim lady around 2 years ago at work. Alhamdulillah, by Allah’s grace she is accepted Islam and she is started learning how to lead a life being a Muslim. She is 37 years old and has a kid. A year later her husband who passed away in an accident died as a Kafir. She is working and does not need any financial help, she just needs moral support and someone to look up to and guide. I do whatever I can to help her with her work or anything else. It is hardly anything. I like spending time with her and for me to be right I have to marry her. I am 29 years old and I discussed this matter with my wife. I told her that she is a really good friend and a revert and why cannot I support her. It is not much that she expects. I will be really happy with that and will be able to justify her and you without any compromise in-shaAllah. She said that she will want to leave if….
- I bought a life insurance policy from State life (which is government owned) in 1994. Since then I have been paying Rs. 5800/- as premium in every December. The policy is for 20 years. So after three more years I would get Rs. Two Lac as bonus money. In addition to this I would also receive Rs. 116,000/- which I deposited as premium in 20 years. However now I have realized that the Bonus money is Interest and is therefore Haraam.After receiving this bonus money can I use it for paying future property tax (which is about Thirty one thousand rupees per year) charged on my house by Government and also for paying future income tax. Similarly about seven years ago I invested some money in fixed deposit schemes of national savings centre owned by Government. Now after realizing that the profit I am receiving from them is actually interest I have stopped investing in these schemes . Can I use the Interest already received from them also for paying future property tax and future income tax
- If a husband has become a shia during the marriage, is that sufficient grounds for the wife to be granted a faskh?
- Assalaamalaikum I need help in an Islamic Issue. I am in serious trouble. I hope i can get some help here. I would like to know certain things about how i can get dicorced from my husband. I am from India and after marriage i went to Bangladesh with my husband. I was married in the year 2003 , i have 2 kids. My husband tortured me very badly for all these years, he did not let me talk to my parents in India and tortured me in every possible way. Two years before somehow i managed to convince him to take me to India. We came to live in our parents house he tortured me here also. I told me parents about the matter but they are not ready to support me and they want me to continue to stay with him. My parents are planning to get me settled with my husband in India forcefully but i don’t want to stay with him. After sufferring his tortures all these years i do not want to stay with him and want to get divorce from him , but he is not ready to give me divorce. When we were in Bangladesh he has said that he gives me divorce many times , he has also told other people that he has given me divorce, which i think is a valid divorce in islam. My parents are not ready to accept that he has given me divorce and want me to go with him. He also says that he has never given me talaq whenever i try to tell my family members. He lies all the times and does not agree that he has given me talaq. How can i get seperated from him legally and by islamic rules please help me. All the years i stayed with him i did not let my parents know about his torture because i was afraid about my…
- My husband is studying full time and not working so I support my family. My mother in law has no money and is very sickly and needs somone to pay her medical bills….Islamically is it my duty to support her financially?