Faskh due to not seeing one’s husband for two years and not receiving any support from him

Q: I have not seen my estranged husband since 2011, it is now 2013 and he does not support us since 2011 when I had fallen pregnant. I ask for fasakh is it correct or should it be khula?


A: Your complaint is valid. However, we suggest that you refer your case to an Islamic body or Jamiat of the area you are living in and ask them to view your case and assist you in your predicament.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)