Q: Is taking of ‘ooplang’ money permissible? E.g. not discolosing the transaction to SARS so that one doesn’t have to pay tax on the money.
A: It is halaal in Shari`ah though we do not encourage it.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
عن أبى بكر الصديق قال : قال رسول الله – صلى الله عليه وسلم – لا يحل لمؤمن أن يذل نفسه (جامع الأحاديث # 27837)
Checked & Approved:
Read these QA to learn more..
- If somebody entrusts you with some money, for example ?1000. they have not borrowed the money to you but have just given it to you for safe keeping. Can I Invest that money in Halal finance, and benefit from the profits? Or does the money earned through profit have to be given to the rightful owner?
- Dear Mufti sahib! my father deposited some money in the bank in 1997/98, at that time he doesn’t know much about the interest, later on in 2008 he realized that extra money that bank will give to him is interest. so he decided to give the money to the deserved peoples. but my father died in august last year. i want to know. (1): that all the money of interest will be given to the deserved onces. or we are also able to keep some money of interest. because at the time of the deposit the value of the money was much greater than it is now. (2): if we are not able to keep the money, then to whom it may be given. (3): can we give it to our poor relatives, if they also know that the money we giving to them is the money of interest.
- On Eid days elder use to give money to the younger ones. Sometimes they give money to their parents on behalf of children. Can parents use that money if the children are too young? Say my baby is 4 or 5 years old if my relative gives her money (Eidi) can I use that money or I should buy things for my baby only with that money.
- I came to know that it is permissable to pay tax from interest money from your previous answers. My question is: I have two chits in chitfund running by some other person in my native. 1. Is it permissable to pay tax from the interest what I’m getting from the chitfund? 2. Is it permissable that prior to getting the interest money, I will pay tax from my halal money thinking that I’m paying from interest money what I’m getting after completion of chitfund and I’ll take that much money from the interest money of the chitfund? In simple words, first I’m paying my halal money as tax then taking from interest money of chitfund. Is it allowed?
- Assalamualaikum, During my tenure with an organization I happened to get some money which I later found out was Haraam. What i did is that when i was absent i would get my attendance signed for me by my friend and thus prevent any deductions being made from my salary on account of leave. Later I found that this money is not halaal for me. So I havent used that money and kept it aside. Please guide me as to what I should do with that money. I asked a local mufti and he said that I should return the money anyhow to the company. But I am not sure how can this be done. As I no longer work for the company, I am in a big dilemma with this money. Please guide me on this issue and what should be done with the money. I really want to get rid of this money as early as possible and in the most shariah compliant way Jazakallah.
- Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatu I teach kids Quran at several makhtabs and at the end of the month I collect fees. My mom wants all of the money I earn from teachings kids, I give her the majority of the money but keep some. Is it permissible for me to keep some money without my mom knowing as I’m the one earning the money, etc., ? P.S She thinks I’m giving her all the money Jazakallah