Woman in iddat moving to her daughters house in another country

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My father in law passed away recently. My mother in law is around 65 years old. I would like to bring her to Saudi Arabia from Pakistan so that her daughter, who is my wife can take care of her. The iddat period is 4 months 10 days. Can we break this iddat by paying kaffarah?


A: No. This is not permissible. Bring her to Saudi Arabia after the iddat period passes.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)


Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive curated Islamic Q&A every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!