1. How does one repent? Does one have to repent through dua for it to be accepted? Or can one just be talking in a room alone, as if they are talking to Allah?
2. Does one have to be in pure clothes or state for repentence to be accepted?
3. Is it true that Allah doesn’t accept forgivenss from someone who isn’t talking to another muslim? Does this mean their repentence will not or is not accepted nor will their good deeds? What if the Muslim they aren’t speaking to is rude, swears or drinks alcohol and sells cigarettes. What if the person has ego and degraded the other person. Insha Allah they will eventually try to speak to them in the future when they get the opportunity when the time is right.
1. Both ways are right. But when talking to Allah Ta`ala then talk with all humility and respect, preferably in soft tones.
2. Yes, there is a hadeeth to this effect.
3. If they have left out talking purely for deeni reasons and nothing personal then it is permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)