Iddat after talaaq

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My husband gave me divorce on 20 May 2018. I came back to my parents house and completed my iddat period. As he wasn’t doing any paper work and was forcing me to come back to him. I decided to make the papers by getting khula. I got khula on 6 April 2019.

Now my question is, after getting the khula papers, do I have to offer my iddat again or is it done since I already sat in iddat? 


A: Once you have observed the full iddat, you are out of the marriage. He is no longer your husband. Further, khula can only be issued with the approval of the husband. 

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: