Reconciling after khula’

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I divorced my wife once but I took her back into my marriage. Thereafter she became pregnant. Then she asked me for a separation (khula’). After giving her khula’, now we would like to get married again knowing that she is 6 months pregnant. What is the procedure to follow?


Ads by Muslim Ad Network

A: If it was just divorce and khula that you have done then two divorces have become valid. In order to get back to her, you should make a new nikaah in the presence of some adult male muslim witnesses.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)