Thinking of death

Q: For the past couple of days, I have been going out of my mind. I feel that my death is near. I have bad anxiety and panic attacks thinking about my death. I constantly feel like my death is today or tomorrow. And each day I think it’s my last. I can’t eat, sleep or even look after my child. My heart is throbbing and I am constantly crying.

Is this a sign and a way for me to get closer to Allah properly? Or are these actuall signs that I will die today or tomorrow or soon!

I also understand that death should be a reminder for me to do good but it shouldn’t make me go crazy right?

A: This is a wonderful state of imaan. There is no need to panic. Only good souls are blessed with this blessing.