Repenting from stealing and making up for one’s qadha salaah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: A person used to be a thief and had stolen over $100 000. He does not have any of the wealth left and has about 7 years of qadha salaah. He has reformed his ways and wants to gain nearness to Allah Ta’ala. How does he compensate for the $100 000 he stole? How does he perform the 7 years qadha salaah in a timely manner?


Ads by Muslim Ad Network

A: Ask those who you stole from to forgive you as you don’t have the means to pay. As for the qadha salaah, then you will have to make up for it. An easy way is to read one qadha with every fardh salaah that you read.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)