Q: My question is regarding the method of jamaat namaz:
1. If someone is offering namaaz with jamaat, should he be required to recite “Surah-fatiha” and a surah after that if the imam is reciting it?
2. Now in the case of Zuhr and Asr prayers (when imam is not reciting loudly Surah fatiha and Surah) do the people have to recite it or should they simply stand quiet?
3. In the last 2 rakats of a farz namaaz, I know that surahs are not recited after surah fatiha, I just want to confirm this from you?
4. If I join the jamaat in the rukooh of the first rakaat, I don’t need to repeat the 1st rakaat (this is what I understand); now when will I recite the thana “subhanakaALLAH…” ?
1. In jamaat namaaz only the imaam will read Surah Faatiha and a surah.
2. As above.
4. You will not recite the thanaa.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)