Remaining silent behind the Imaam

Q: I have a question regarding joining the jamaat for salah late. What is the ruling regarding the situation if I join the jamaat while it was in qiyam. And soon after my joing the jamaat (after 2-3 secs) the Imam goes into ruku. I didn’t get enough time to recite surah fatiha. Will I get that rakat as I couldn’t recite the Fatiha or I need to repeat it by myself after tasleem of Imam?

A: You should immediately join the imaam and go into ruku. When performing salaah behind the imaam, the muqtadi should remain silent. He should not recite surah faatiha nor any surah.