1

Voting

Prev Question
Next Question

Q: I voted on 25th July,2018 for a party I thought would be a good choice for my beloved country. My father and other family members voted for another party. After my father came to know that I voted for another party and not voted for a pary he voted, he got angry. He thinks I disobeyed him and I defamed the name of our family. I broke down to tears today. I am very upset as I never disobeyed my father intentionally. I always try to obey him as much as I can.

My question is that does Islam allow children to vote for a party/person that they think would be a better choice for their country? or it is mandatory for children to vote for a person whomsoever their parents suggest or order them?

A: Voting is not an Islamic practice. It has nothing to do with Islam. Hence, for your father to force you to vote is incorrect.