Ill treatment from one’s sister

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I am a lecturer. My sister couldn’t qualify her studies. Her issue is anger. This makes her life difficult. She is unmarried and 37 years old. She considers me to be responsible for her studies and marriage. She didn’t allow me to get married. She broke things and hit me and abuses me. My mother is old and she cries when this happens. What should I do?


A: Ignore her, but be good to her.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)