Reconciling after khula

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za
Prev Question
Next Question

Q: I took khula from my husband of 2 years and completed my iddah of 1 hayz and we have a son together. Now I see my mistake and want to remarry him. Can I reconcile with him and if I can, what will the procedure be?


A: If he did not issue two talaaqs before the khula, then it is permissible for you both to remarry. A new nikaah will have to be performed with a new mahr. However, if before the khula he issued two talaaqs, then the khula will constitute the third talaaq. After three talaaqs it is not permissible for the husband and wife to remarry unless halaalah takes place.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.