Repenting for committing zina

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I had sex with a non-Muslim married girl 5 years ago. She was divorced earlier so she converted to Islam and now we are married. How do we repent for our sin?


A: You both should sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala for the sin committed and make a firm resolve that you both will lead a pure and chaste life in the future.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest