Reuniting after khula’

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My wife sent me a paper of khula and I returned the paper after signing it. To complete the formalities we made 3 signatures for khula, now we want ruju after khula is it possible?


A: Khula is equivalent to one divorce, and in order to get back to each other you will have to renew the nikaah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest