Revoking a talaaq

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I asked my husband for a divorce and he wrote it down on a piece of paper for me but did not want to divorce me and now we have gone back together again. Is this permissible as he says someone told him he can take me back within the 3 months period. What to do?


A: It is correct.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest