1. What is the status of reciting consecutive Surahs in fardh salaat? For example, reciting Surah Ikhlaas in the first rakaat and Surah Falaq in the second rakaat?
2. In fardh salaah, it makrooh to intentionally recite Surah Ikhlaas in the first rakaat and Surah Naas in the second rakaat?
3. In Witr salaah, what is the status of reciting Surah Ikhlaas in the first rakaat, Surah Falaq in the second rakaat, and Surah Naas in the third rakaat?
4. What are the two shortest Surahs that can be read in the first and second rakaat of fardh salaah?
1. It is permissible though it is emphasised that the qiraat of the first rakaat should not be shorter than the qiraat of the second rakaat.
3. It is permissible.
4. Any short surah.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)