Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have a friend who is passing a very hard time in her marriage. She got married by force of her family to a person who does not give her respect she deserves. I know in Islam, a wife should fulfil every need of her husband. But if the husband is not respecting his wife, he is using her only for his pleasure. My friend cries everyday because of physical and mental torture she bears by her husband. She has not yet started feeling love for her husband and when she asked him not to touch her now, he insists, then he forces her to have sexual relations with him.

My friend is going into deep depression day by day, and she can’t even talk to anyone about it. She asked me if I know any dua that can prevent her husband to touch his wife. I said to her, in my belief there is no such dua that exists. But I feel feel sad for her thats why I am contacting a mufti to help me with a solution so that I can give her some relief.


A: How can she make such a du`aa. That is his right. Making a du`aa for him not being able to fulfil his right is wrong. She may read the following du`aa “Yaa Subboohu Yaa Quddoosu Yaa Ghafooru Yaa Wadoodu” 7 times and blow on him and on his food etc. May Allah Ta`ala grant him her love and affection.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!