Q: Recently a sister contacted me regarding a very delicate masla, however i have no knowledge regarding the answer and therefore have forwarded it on to you. Please could you help me with the answer as the sister is very desperate and is fighting with her nafs.
There are 3 very embarrassing problems. Please forgive me but I have no other way of resolving them.
1. Firstly, I have a discharge problem which I have had for a long time. During the last month or two when I go to toilet and try to clean the discharge, I feel sometimes as though an orgasm has started. There is no way of knowing whether any impure fluid has come out because my normal discharge is still there. Do I need a gusl to purify myself or not?
2. Secondly, also recently started. I have had two orgasms while having a wet dream. I had a tissue in that area. On one occasion the tissue was dry but when I felt inside the private part it felt slightly wet. I could not tell whether this wetness was normal discharge or a small amount of impure fluid resulting from orgasm. On another occasion. After the orgasm the tissue was dry and it felt dry inside. Do I need gusl to purify myself in any of these situations?
3. Thirdly, while performing fard gusl there is sometimes discharge or a small amount of urine during the gusl itself, not after. The discharge and/or urine does stop at times but no way of knowing how long it will take to stop and when it will start again. I find myself spending a very long time washing discharge or urine and repeating gusl sometimes again and again. Sometimes if not discharge it might be urine. Can I ignore these problems even though they do stop at times. Before gusl I wash the private part properly then start.
4. It would also be helpful to know what colour the impure fluid mani is in women. Some say yellow and thin with an odour similar to dough. Others say white and thick.
These problems are causing extreme stress n anxiety. Impossible to do ibadat because unsure whether pure or impure. How many times can I do gusl for how many things. Even gusl itself is problem. Making me emotionally and physically ill. Please help me.
2. If there was absolutely no wetness then ghusl is not compulsory.
3. You do not need to make ghusl for all this. Just wash the soiled area and continue.
4. A female’s mani is usually yellowish.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.