1. If a woman has a regular period habit of 7-8 days, and she, on the morning of the 7th day, cleans her private area, waits a bit, and sees dryness so assumes her period is over, then later on in the 7th or 8th day she sees spotting (red, brownish and sometimes yellow discharge). Is this menstruation?
2. Is it menstruation if I see this sort of spotting after the 8th day (last day of my habit)?
3. Do I have to make ghusl/pray between spottings? I tend to get spotting for a few days after my period ends and I would have to make ghusl 3-4 times back to back (sometimes on the same day) if it is considered menses because the spotting comes once and then it is dry again.
4. Lastly, I normally get yellow discharge throughout the month. Most of the time it starts before the 15-day period of purity is over(after the end of one menses) and lasts all the way to my next menses. This yellow discharge tends to intensify 6-10 days before the start of the actual menses/blood, which then lasts 7-8 days. Is this yellow discharge considered menses? If this yellow discharge is considered menses, then do I consider the last few days of the actual blood flow not menses? How long can a menstrual cycle last in the Hanafi Madhab?
1. It is also haidh.
2. You will only make ghusl after all the spotting has ended.
3. If the discharge comes in the days that can be counted as days of haidh then it will be menses.
4. 10 days.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)