Q: I try to study comparative studies of different sects of Muslims. I’ve read your answers about Shias on the website where you have stated that shias are kafir. Kindly consider my following questions and answer please.
1. Are shias or anyone who have hatred in their hearts for Rightly guided caliphs or he/she criticize them are kafir?
2. Does anyone who speaks ill about Umm ul Momineen makes him/her kaafir?
3. If answer for above questions is YES, then why do our Muhadditheen narrated from them prophetic narrations? (Ubayd Allah bin Musa al-Absi, Abbad bin Yaqub al-Rawajini & Abd al-Malik bin Ayan al-Kufi and more)
4. Is it allowed to narrate from kaafir whether he/she is truthful?
5. Do we have any narration in our Sihah books or other books of Ahadeeth narrated from any non-muslim except shias?
1. Shiahs are not only guilty of condemning the Sahaabah, but they believe that the Qur’aan naoozubillah is distorted. This is obvious disbelief.
2. If it is about Hadhrat Aaishah (radhiyallahu anha) and he is casting aspersions against her integrity then this is an act of disbelief because this is clearly against the text of the Qur’aan.
4. A narration that relates to worldly matters is permissible, like you will find medical information being transmitted and narrated from kaafirs.
5. We do not know of any narration according to the description that you have given.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.