Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My sister’s friend is from Afganistan but she lives in Pakistan and married to Pakistani guy who lives n UK. He left her in Pakistan and visits her once in a year for 2 weeks. He doesnt want to take her to UK and he doesnt register the marriage in pakistani system even he just told to his mother and only girl’s friends know about marriage. she doesnt has parents and siblings who can support her. He insults her and make her feel very bad but sends her money for living. She wants to take khula in this situation but she has no other place to go and she is illegal in Pakistan. my sister asked me to marry her and i can do it but i am worry that it will be ok that she take divorce from her husband if i say yes to marry her and is it allow in islam? pleas guide us.


A: If she cannot manage then she should refer her case to some reputable local ulama and explain her grievances. If they find it suitable they will speak to the husband and ask him to end the marriage.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!