Gender change operation

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: If a person undergoes a sex change operation and then he repents. But the sex is changed already. How should he live his or her life? Can they get married? If she was originally a girl but now a boy.


A: Part of the repentance requires that he should revert to the original sex.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)