Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My husband cheated on me and got another wife but he doesn’t take any care of me or my baby. Its been 2 years now. He never takes any responsibility of me and our baby. He is too busy with his new wife. He never contacts me or when I call he uses bad language and tells lies. Can I ask for divorce?


A: If you cannot manage, then respectfully ask him to divorce you.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)