1. Is it permissible to take money from an NGO or Charitable trust for medical treatment (Person who needs the money isn’t capable enough to manage the expenditure)
2. Can we use interest money (Savings Bank account) for medical treatment of poor people.
3. Is it permissible to use money from interest received from a non Islamic bank for the purpose of construction of his/her own toilet.
1. If the person is poor and in need, he may accept the financial assistance.
2. Interest should be given to the poor without the intention of receiving any reward. Thereafter the poor may use the wealth to purchase whatever they wish (whether for food, clothing, medical expenses, etc.)
3. No. The interest money should be disposed off by giving it to the poor without the intention of receiving any reward.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)