1. What is the ruling on separate living for a married son with his wife from his parents, given that the son is the only male child and the couple had undergone love marriage?
2. To whom are the duties and responsibilities of a married man more, his wife, children or unmarried siblings?
3. If a married daughter is not permitted by her husband to visit her parents provided that her parents dont have a male child, what can she do?
4. For a working married lady whose parents have no male child and source of earning, is she required to give some share of her salary towards parents despite the fact that her husband is not willing to do so?
1. If it is difficult for them then arrange for him to live separately but near his parents so that he could be at their service all the time.
2. First to his wife and children and then to his siblings.
3. She has got the right to visit her parents once a week. The husband cannot stop this.
4. If she can afford it and they are in need of assistance then she must assist them.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.