1. Is it true that all food is halaal until it can be proven haraam?
2. There were a few suspicious ingredients in something my mom bought that could’ve been haraam if processed through animals instead of plants. I chose to eat it since I didn’t want to waste food or disrespect my mom by rejecting the food. Was it sinful for me to consume the doubtful food?
3. Does the hadith of not having my dua accepted for 40 days for consuming haraam food also apply here even if my dua is of repentance?
1. This statement is for a person who has specialised in fiqh; he has got all the necessary ilm and understansding.
2. It is not right to take something that is doubtful. Make istighfaar and taubah.
3. If you sincerely make taubah Allah Ta`ala will forgive you.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)