Parents preventing wife from living with husband

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I’m in a complicated situation. I’m married and my husband lives in Pakistan and 4 years I don’t see him. I’m want to go there to visit him while I m waiting for the papers for his visa but my problem is that my parents don’t want me to go there and they are prohibiting me.

Is it correct for parents to do this? 


A: After marriage the primary obligation is to your husband.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)