Threading one’s eyebrows

Q: I know that the Prophet curses a women who threads her eyebrows. But in Islam, nikah is taken very seriously and Allah hates divorce. Also a wife is supposed to obey her husband. I heard it is ibbadah, obeying your husband. My husband would like me to thread my eyebrows. Now I feel insecure, I feel he will look at other women because I keep refusing and he really wants me to thread. In such cases are we allowed to thread our eyebrows. My marriage is at stake.

A: Can there be a security greater than the security of Allah Ta`ala and His Rasul (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). Obedience to Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) guarantees you the security of Allah. Don’t be concerned of the security of your husband. His security is not guaranteed.