Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I am married to someone whos already married. He promised to give me the same in due time. He hasn’t told her because shes got 3 kids and shes gonna leave and doesnt want to lose his kids. He opresses me now after 2 years of sticking by him. He says that he doesnt even know if our nikah is proper when it is. He also says that I’m not his wife. I am really angry and I want to tell the first wife, but I dont know if I should. Now he is telling me that he doesnt want it anymore because his family, his dad and sisters, mum has found out. What do I do?


A: Request him with dignity and respect to divorce you since he doesn’t want you.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest