Procedure for revoking a talaaq

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My friends husband gave her one talak and she is pregnant too. What will the procedure be because her husband feels guilty and wants rujoo.


A: He may do the rujoo within the iddat period by telling her that he is retracting the divorce and taking her back. It is advisable that he does this in front of two witnesses.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)