Q: My parents died with 3 properties on their name, out of 3, one was claimed by my brother that it belongs to him, well he also passed away recently and his wife sold that property, now how shall we distribute these properties among ourselves. The deceased brother has a widow, 3 daughters and 1 son. We are 3 brothers alive and 1 sister alive.
1. Each brother will receive 40 shares
2. Sister will receive 20 shares
3. Wife of your late brother will receive 5 shares
4. Son of your late brother will receive 14 shares
5. Each daughter of your late brother will receive 7 shares
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)