Anal fistula

Q: I have a question that if one has an anal fistula (medical condition in which there is a connection between the lower part of the intestine and the skin) and there is a discharge from it which may be mucus, serous, pus or stool at times. It may be small in quantity and one may not even notice it.

1. Would the discharge break the wudhu and nullify the prayer

2. Sometimes I may not even know about the discharge, does one have to check before and after praying each time?

3. Sometime I need to do imamat, in that situation after salat should I ask the congregation to wait and check the discharge? It seems to prevent me from offering salat in congregation and constant fear of losing wudhu.

A:

1. Yes.

2. If this happens regularly then one should check.

3. You rather not do the imaamat if this is an ongoing thing.