1. If my husband gives me 1 talaq. What is the iddat period of it?
2. Can I come again in the nikah after the iddat period?
3. Where do I have to sit in iddat, my husband’s house or my father house?
4. Will 1 talaq which was sendt by post be valid without any witnesses?
1. The duration of iddat is 3 menstrual cycles.
3. The iddat will be observed in the husband’s house.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.