1. I have read that one can only miss his fast if one is a traveller at sehri time. What will be the ruling of an individual who is travelling abroad but his light is at afternoon time (meaning he is still at home at sehri time)?
2. If that person needs to fast, how will he do Iftar because different countries have different iftar times.
3. Also, will putting Vicks under the nose and sniffing it throurg out the day break one’s fast? I have read that it doesn’t because it does not have a body. Will that have the same ruling if one was to sniff Vicks from a tissue (i.e. putting some vicks on a tissue and then inhaling the subtance form the tissue?
1. No, he cannot miss the fast.
2. He will look at the iftaar of the place where sunset is taking place during his flight.
3. If the vicks rises it will break the fast.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)