Making tawbah from zina

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: A Muslim girl has committed zinah with a non Muslim boy. After the sin realized the mistake and did taubah weeping to Allah and could not able to tell afraid the parents as parents will kill her. Also because of sharam and her introvercy. And then parents married her to a young Muslim boy. Allah has given her a 2 year baby boy. Until now she could not tell anyone. What should she do now? How to get maafi from Allah? And what would be the sign that Allah has forgiven her? Please guide. What kind of amal should she practice now for the forgiveness?


A: She should sincerely repent to Allah Ta`ala and should not mention this to anybody. Allah Ta`ala will make her maaf. She should ensure that in future she does not mix up with wrong types of people.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)