1. Is it permissible for a woman who has irregular cycles to use the pill in order to regulate her cycle so that she may be pure for her Nikah?
2. If she does not, and her menses begin on the day of her Nikah, what should be done?
3. If she is in her menses on her first night, when should her husband lead her in Salaah as is advised to do on the first night?
1. This is not in keeping with the natural way, and it could lead to health complications. However, it is permissible.
2. The husband should refrain from intimacy with her during her menses. During menses it is impermissible for the husband to touch any part of the wife’s body which is between the navel and knee without any covering.
3. The husband may pactise on the other actions mentioned in the Hadith. However, he should not perform Salaah with her. He may perform Salaah individually.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)