Parents fighting

Q: My question is regarding parents fighting and being separated. They have been fighting my whole life with as time passes fights have gotten uglier with lots of physical and verbal abuse. I am married now and stay a few hours away from them but they still drag me into their arguments and both expect me to say they are right and the other is wrong. I’m really tired and can’t deal with it anymore. I just can’t move on with my life and they keep dragging me down making me feel guilty that I am happy with my husband. What is the Islamic ruling on parents who do that. I don’t want to be disobedient to them in any way because I fear Allah’s punishment but I don’t know what to do and how to deal with this.

A: Don’t become a judge in their disputes. Make du`aa for both of them and be kind towards them.