Q: Is it permissible to leases one’s premises to the following entities:
(1) A Muslim that sells electronics, including DVD movies and music CDs.
(2) A Muslim, male insurance broker.
(3) A Muslim, female accountant.
(4) A Muslim, female attorney.
(5) A non-Muslim, female General Practitioner (that will tend to both males and females.)
(6) A non-Muslim, female gynecologist.
(7) The offices of a non-Muslim government (including places like the Department of Home Affairs, Department of Labour, etc.)
(8) A Christian funeral parlor that, in addition to coffins, sells funeral plans.
(9) Two gays.
1. It is permissible. You may ask the Muslim not to sell these products.
2. It is not permissible.
3 – 6. Permissible.
7. It is permissible as long as the nature of their work is permissible.
8. If there are no christian connotations on the coffins etc. it is permissible.
9. Keep a good distance from gays.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)