Haraam relationship

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I’ve been in a distance relationship for 1 year and 10th month. In two months it will be 2 years. Both of us are baaligh aqil and hanafi mazhab. My question is how can we make this relationship halaal? We know we won’t stop talking to each other because we love each other so we want to make our relationship into halaal. My second question is he lives in different country which is India and he lives alone there because of his work. Woh na namaz ada karta h na roze rakhta h. The reason why I don’t want to let him go is because I don’t want him to go in wrong path and I feel that once he is with me he is not in wrong path. He is really nice man has pure heart but he doesn’t offer his prayers nor he fast. What should I do to make him offers his prayers also keep his fasts? I’m worried about his akhirah more then mine. What should I do?


A: Yes, do it with the consent and approval of your parents.

As it is, you are on the wrong path. Talking to him is wrong and haraam. Make taubah for the wrong you are involved in.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)