Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: We are planning to adopt my sisters baby boy. Can I put my name after the baby’s name for legal documentation purposes e.g. birth certificate, passport. Also is it allowed for my wife to take pills so she could breast feed the baby?


A: No. The child is not yours. It is your sisters. All rights and responsibilities are your sisters. You do not have any right nor any responsibility over the child.


And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest