Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: There is a person who is unfortunately involved in adultery for quite some time as due to lack of proper knowledge of Islam and its rulings on it, but now since that person has become aware of Islam and its punishment for adultery wants to sincerely repent to Allah. There are two questions:

1. How to get rid of the other person with whom adultery has been done since the other person does not want to stop doing it.

2. Powerful dua to ask Allah for forgiveness.



1. You do not have to get rid of the person. Get rid of the action. Make a firm resolve not to ever go close to him.

2. The most powerful thing is a firm resolve with a heart full of regret and thereafter never even go anywhere near that which will tempt you to zina.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!